I bring energy and passion to everything I do. I have a deep sense of what is fair and just, and I always sought to contribute to the world and community around me. In college, I was once told that I could convince others of almost anything because the way I fight for things I cared about was in a way that brought others along with me. Being a lawyer allows me to continue to work as an advocate with and for others.
I am a St. Louis native. I grew up in the city in The Hill Neighborhood, attended Nerinx Hall for high school, and after going away to college at Loyola University New Orleans, I returned to St. Louis to attend law school.
I live in Shaw Neighborhood with my husband Nathaniel, who works as a data scientist. When I’m not working, I enjoy cooking, gardening (in my opinion, you can never have enough plants – indoor or outdoor), working out, rummaging through various antique stores, and spending time with my friends and family.
Journey to Family Law
I graduated from St. Louis University School of Law in 2011. Unlike others in my field who had always wanted to work in family law, I did not seek it out initially. In fact, during law school I thought I wanted to be a public defender. Thankfully, in early 2012, family law found me while I was working as a volunteer lawyer at Legal Services of Eastern Missouri. Family law comprises everything I love about being an attorney – I get to work with real people addressing real problems that impact their lives every day and provide options for solutions to those problems. Prior to joining Jones Family Law Group, LLC in 2017, I had my own solo practice.
Areas of Practice
Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support
Saint Louis University School of Law, Juris Doctor (2011)
Loyola University New Orleans, Bachelor of Arts (2007)
Social Justice Scholarship
Illinois, 2015 (Inactive)
White Teeth by Zadie Smith
Amicus, The Daily, What’s Next, Throughline, Pod Save the People, Science Vs, Code Switch, Slow Burn
“You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.”
– Maya Angelou
Credentials & Distinctions
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch (2021, 2022)
- Missouri Kansas Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, selected by peers (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Certified Family Law Mediator
- Collaborative Family Law Attorney
Affiliations & Community
- Immigrant Home English Learning Program, Board of Directors (2016-Present)
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Collaborative Family Law Association of St. Louis
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Bar
Publications & Presentations
- Proof and Valuation of Personal Goodwill in a Professional Practice, St. Louis Bar Journal (October 2020)
- Family Law From A to Z: Finance 101 (Written Materials), National Business Institute (June 2020)